To support the value and consistency of transfer throughout IU, the state and university developed policies that are used throughout different IU institutions and campuses. The policies inform the principles of operation for the UTO. The specific policies and guidelines described below affect transfer students directly. These policies are relevant to transfer students because many students bring along transfer credit. To view more policies relevant to transfer students, view the "Issues Affecting Transfer" tab.
The Indiana Commission for Higher Education maintains TransferIN.net, which helps guide you through the process of transferring from one Indiana school to another. The Core Transfer Library (CTL) is a list of courses that will transfer among Indiana public institutions offering those courses. All meet general education or elective requirements, and some may apply to your degree program.
- Degree Maps (Indiana Code § 21-12-14)
- Educational Program Review; Powers of Commission; Approval or Disapproval of Branches, Degrees, and Programs (Indiana Code § 21-18-9-5)
- Educational Program Review; Common Course Numbering System (Indiana Code §21-18-9-7)
- Educational Program Review; Undergraduate Degree Programs; Number of Credit Hours (Indiana Code § 21-18-9-8)
- Transfer of Credits Among State Educational Institutions; Graduation Requirements (Indiana Code § 21-42-3-2)
- Transfer of Credits Among State Educational Institutions; Statewide Transfer General Education Core (Indiana Code § 21-42-3-5)
- Establishing Campus Admission Policies (ACA-54)
- Undergraduate Intercampus Transfers (ACA-55)
- Transfer of Credit from Two-Year Institutions (ACA-56)
- Indiana University Transfer Credit Standards
- Information for former ITT Tech students
- Credit From an Associate’s College Applied to an IU Baccalaureate Degree
- Military Excess Credit Satisifactory Academic Progress (SAP)