In order to aid in the value and consistency of transfer, allowing students to make the maximum and appropriate progress toward degree completion, the state and the university have developed frameworks that support transfer between institutions and campuses. These guidelines and policies inform the principles of operation for the University Transfer Office.
- Indiana Guidelines and Resources
The Indiana Commission for Higher Education maintains TransferIN.net, which helps guide you through the process of transferring from one Indiana school to another. The Core Transfer Library (CTL) is a list of courses that will transfer among Indiana public institutions offering those courses. All meet general education or elective requirements, and some may apply to your degree program.
- Relevant Policies
- Degree Maps (Indiana Code § 21-12-14)
- Educational Program Review; Powers of Commission; Approval or Disapproval of Branches, Degrees, and Programs (Indiana Code § 21-18-9-5)
- Educational Program Review; Common Course Numbering System (Indiana Code §21-18-9-7)
- Educational Program Review; Undergraduate Degree Programs; Number of Credit Hours (Indiana Code § 21-18-9-8)
- Transfer of Credits Among State Educational Institutions; Graduation Requirements (Indiana Code § 21-42-3-2)
- Transfer of Credits Among State Educational Institutions; Statewide Transfer General Education Core (Indiana Code § 21-42-3-5)
- Establishing Campus Admission Policies (ACA-54)
- Issues Affecting Transfer