The IU Transfer Office is here to make transferring to IU as seamless as possible. We provide information, resources, and connections to empower prospective and current transfer students. We also partner with university and campus offices and outside parties to clarify and communicate transfer policies.
What is Articulation?Articulation agreements are partnerships between IU and other institutions to ensure a smooth transition to IU. These agreements predict how your previous courses will transfer and fit into your future at IU, based on what you have done and what you need to do.
What we do
We work to improve your transfer process through policy, new curriculum, and partnerships with the state and the university. We try to keep track of what you need, get the right people working together, and develop processes that work for you.
- Data trackingWe store transfer data and devise tracking mechanisms to better understand student success.
- Transfer policyWe develop, record, and implement transfer policies that provide consistency across all IU campuses.
- Campus transfer officesWe coordinate transfer services across all IU campuses and assist with best practices.
- Transfer agreementsWe handle transfer agreements between IU and other institutions to maintain consistency and avoid duplication among IU campuses.
- Indiana Commission for Higher Education and legislative mandatesWWe participate in statewide development of policies and laws regarding transfer and we help maintain the Core Transfer Library.
- Resolution of disagreementsWe encourage informal resolution of intercampus disagreements about transferability or articulation and have also established a formal process in which the campus can engage, when necessary.
- University Office of Completion & Student Success, University Information Technology Services (UITS), University Institutional Research and Reporting (UIRR), and University Student Services and Systems We partner with these IU organization to put academic rules regarding transfer into practice.
- Transfer websiteWe maintain this website for IU students, faculty, and staff as well as the public.
- PartnershipsWe work with other institutions to develop initiatives that support transfer students.
- Blueprint for Student AttainmentWe implement transfer initiatives as they arise through the Blueprint for Student Attainment.
We work with the following university and statewide agencies:
- Indiana Commission for Higher Education
- Statewide Transfer and Articulation Committee
- IU Articulation and Transfer Committee
- IU Campus Transfer Specialist Committee
- IU Regional Campus Transfer and Partnership Advisory Board